The Portrait of the Soul

April 11, 2013 at 7:30 am 8 comments

portrait2

When a portrait of someone is painted attention is paid to each feature on the face so that the personality is experienced by those who see it.

The soul is incorporeal, not visible to the eyes so what is the portrait of the soul? How is its character painted and appreciated?

Virtues are the decoration of the soul. They need to be understood and then they can be imbibed and become the personality of the soul.
When virtues are expressed in this way those around me will experience them. I will also take pleasure and power from it as it is a very elevated form of donation.

With virtues the soul becomes valuable and valued. It is not so much about what someone looks like but the portrait is the feeling and experience of having been in the company of a valuable soul.

Let me paint a valuable portrait today.

Om Shanti

Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: , .

Transformation Tolerance is Power

8 Comments Add your own

• 1. words4jp  |  April 11, 2013 at 1:10 pm

“…..elevated form of donation” – i love these four words – beautiful.
    i have never read a description of the soul that I could really understand – I know that sounds silly – but the way you describe it with the words you have chosen and the structure – it is perfection! I really love this.

• 2. words4jp  |  April 11, 2013 at 1:10 pm

may i reblog this on my blog?

• 3. Vasanti  |  April 11, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Yes sure

• 4. Neeraj  |  April 11, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Good work Vasanti 🙂

• 5. Vasanti  |  April 11, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Thx 🙂

• 6. Vasanti  |  April 11, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Thx

• 7. words4jp  |  April 11, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Reblogged this on Words4jp's Blog and commented:
    The word soul means so many different things to so many people. & Sometimes placing a feeling into words is a daunting task. In my experience, I have always found it difficult to define what a soul is to me. This morning I discovered the definition.
    Enjoy. XX

I would like to thank Food for Thought for the privilege of reblogging this post.

• 8. WB  |  April 11, 2013 at 2:39 pm